Thursday, May 24, 2012

Long time, no post!

Wow...I haven't posted on here in almost a year! Crazy!! Guess that's what happens when you have a full time person to look after lol

Holly is now 1! Her birthday was the weekend before last, and it also coincided with Mother's Day this year. We had a great day with her (after a disasterous morning trying to bake a cake that ended up only good for dessert). Went out to the inlaws for a roast lamb dinner, I baked an awesome cake (my best cake ever!) and we had cheerios and yummy things to eat for lunch.

My big 1 year old girl with her new toybox


The cake! yum!

Yesterday at SPACE (which is at playcentre and stands for Supporting Parents Alongside Childhood Education) Holly got to play with paint and gloop (which is made from cornflour and water and is wonderful magical stuff that I got a big kick out of as well!) and most of it ended up in her mouth...and she took her first steps which was so exciting! So it's all onwards and upwards from here, as she finds her feet it's going to be fun times trying to keep up with her!

The last year has gone by so fast, much of it has been a blur and it is hard to believe that she is 1 already. Just seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant! It is starting to be so much fun having Holly, past all the baby stuff, now she is so cute and does funny things, and she has started to be really cuddly which is really lovely. It has been a hard year with all the sleep deprivation, but hopefully that will start to get better soon. Had a great week last week but I spoilt it by taking her to the chiropractor which she probably didn't need (been taking her to try and sort out her wind problems). Never mind. I'm still breastfeeding her too, and am proud to say that she has never needed to have formula! The recommended time to keep breastfeeding until is 2 years old (recommended by the World Health Organisation) so I am going to try and attempt to do this. I am lucky that I have been able to do it for so long already with not many problems, aside from a couple of blocked ducts I have had it relatively trouble free (touch wood). I do feel for those who struggle with breastfeeding as it really is great if you can manage it. I'm still a full time stay at home mum as well, I went back to work for a couple of weeks when they needed me, but for now, as long as I can, I will be at home with Holly. It's great being able to spend so much time with her as she isn't going to be little for long so I want to enjoy it while I can. Looking forward to being able to do some really cool things with her too now that she's getting older. The fun is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment