Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cots, nappies and the wicked witch of the west

No I'm not talking about the Wizard of Oz either. It seems I have turned into an emotional raving lunatic some days.....not so fun! One minute I'm either crying because I didn't get hot chips for dinner, or the next I'm screaming at my poor confused husband because he forgot to close the toilet door behind him, or something equally as stupid.....*rolls eyes* I must say I feel very sorry for him at the moment, he is trying very hard to be nice to me. As long as you don't count punching me in the nose on friday night while sleeping....maybe thats his way of getting back at me for being such a grumpy cow at him! Needless to say that didn't go down very well and I had a rather crappy sleep because of it, and then there was the cat who has decided that my feet make a very good pillow. sigh.

In other news, we have a cot! Won an auction off Trademe on a Touchwood cot that came with a free ezee rocker basinette. Yay! So picked that up the weekend before last.




So we have hubby's sister over from Aussie at the moment with her little girl who will be 3 on friday (where on earth did that time go??) and it has been great having her here. She is having another baby too - a boy. She's 30 weeks today while I am 15. We went down to Auckland a couple of weekends ago and went to Babycity and bought a whole lot of stuff - a capsule that will fit both of our phil & ted's prams, and the attachments that go with it and an attachment to turn my doubles kit into a bouncer, and some other miscellaneous bits and pieces of breast pads etc. Then we both went down again to pick up the cot and some cloth nappies that she won off trademe too. We are both going to do prefolds & covers, and it works out well because of the age difference between our bubs because she will be out of the newborns by the time mine is born (most likely) so she will send me over the ones that she grows out of for me to use! yay!

Oh and I finally got around to putting my bump pictures up on the computer, so here's my 5 week, 11 week and 14 week bump pics.


Not much to see yet but its definately getting bigger! Will have to take another one tonight seeing as I'm 15 weeks. Man the time really seems to be flying now! Not long until my next scan which will be the anatomy one, I've booked that in for 29th December. I wanted to get it done before Christmas but the silly scan place wouldn't let me! oh well. Next midwife appointment is the 16th December. I had one last week and it was really cool because was the first time she listened for the heartbeat. She found mine first going woosh      woosh     woosh then she found bubs one and that was like wooshwooshwooshwoosh haha. She pointed out that it was moving around too, was making funny noises. and then it started kicking the doppler. Was so cute to hear! Can't wait til the next appointment.

So yeah, I think thats all from me for now....although theres more than likely stuff I have forgotten, my brain has taken a leave of absence...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hear ya on the hormonal-ness.

    *Squeee* cutie little bump pictures :) There's definately a little something there!

    ReplyDelete