Tuesday, January 25, 2011

24 weeks and waiting for a baby to arrive!

And no, not mine. She can happily stay put in there until term!

My sister in law is in labour! She has been quite sick with meningitis this past week, and finally got the all clear yesterday! And today she is in early labour! Hopefully I will be an aunty again before too long :)

and yes, I am 24 weeks today! WOOP! Bubs kicks are getting a lot stronger, I even had a couple yesterday that I went "ooh!" at because they took me by surprise at how strong they were. She is spending quite a bit of her day wriggling around in her little home (maybe she's doing housework?!) It is the nicest and most reassuring feeling when she moves. It has been slightly annoying at times when she just won't stop wriggling, but I know that is only likely to get worse so I can't complain too much. Getting a little bit uncomfy at work sitting down all day, yesterday I had a sore back and my bump was all hard and sore too. A lie down after work and a good walk helped though.

So bump is growing quite rapidly. And so is the pile of clothes I can no longer fit!! It is becoming quite a task to actually find something to wear now. Thank goodness for the maternity skirt I bought from Kmart a couple of weeks ago, I just wish I had bought a couple of them! Saw some jeans at the warehouse the other day that I might have to get because pretty much NONE of my pants fit me anymore! At least it is still summer (for now) but won't be too much longer before I will want to start wearing pants again, so that may be a bit of a problem. I just hope I fit my clothes again afterward or it will be a very expensive affair to get me a new wardrobe!

I bought a Touchwood change table off Trademe last week and we picked it up on the weekend. It's the same model as my cot which is cool, I now have a matching set. So bubs' room is starting to take shape. Need to get some more coat hangers so I can hang up the rest of the clothes we have bought. Or else, find a set of drawers to put them all in.

Anyway, I think that's all the main news for now....until my nephew gets here that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment