Thursday, February 25, 2010

9 days to go!

9 days to go now! Starting to get excited / nervous. Trying not to stress out over every little thing and just enjoy it, which is hard because I always stress over things.

The hens night went pretty well, got hugely embarrassed because I had to dress up and go to the restaurant wearing this outfit but apart from that it was good. Dinner was yum. I had seafood chowder for my entree and scallops and salad for my main (entree sized though).

I picked up the marriage licence yesterday too so thats all set, and our celebrant is coming over tonight to sort out the ceremony so that will be good to get that all sorted.

and the napkins are all finished, the placecards all finished, I know what i'm having on the tables, the chocolate boxes are started...so things are falling into place. I cant believe that it will all be over next sunday! its crazy, doing all this work and spending money just for one day. Oh well it will be worth it. and I will always have the photos to remember it by.

oh and Steve wants me to say a speech at the wedding too, mainly just thanking people for things if he forgets to. I dont really want to but I guess sometimes you have to do things you dont like to do! But i really HATE speaking in front of other people, I hate having everyones attention on me. (LOL and I'm going to have a full day of people watching me and taking photos - not my idea of fun!) I'm just way too shy and self conscious, thats why I didnt like people looking at me dressed up funny on saturday. It makes me feel so uncomfortable and nervous and then I feel like everyone is watching me and I dont have fun. I must be paranoid or something.

But the house is clean, had a big cleaning session on saturday (one of my bridesmaids stayed the night) and in preparation for the best man who arrives on tuesday to stay with us for a week.

My hair looks pretty good, so nice to not have regrowth! But it was far too expensive....sigh....the price you pay for looking good I guess.

The stag do is next wednesday so the boys are trying to plan that. So far I think they are going paintball shooting and then having a bbq at our place. Steve doesnt really want to go into town and go drinking but one of the groomsmen is really keen on that so we will see. They better not get a stripper though or heads will roll :P especially if they are just staying at our place, theres no way im having a stripper in the house!! and Steve doesnt want one either, but who knows what the guys will do. Im a bit nervous about the whole thing actually, especially because its only a couple of days before the wedding I dont want something to happen. I've heard way too many nasty stories about what goes on at stag do's.

Anyways while I was cleaning up I found some of my cd's with my photos on them so I will do another post soon with some more photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment