Monday, August 23, 2010

Domestic goddess....thats me

*waves to my new followers and lurkers*

Another weekend down...Wasn't feeling that crash hot all weekend and (also due to the money situation) we decided to have a lazing around weekend at home.

On Friday I had some chilli tuna that didn't really agree with me so wasn't feeling very good all afternoon. Saturday morning woke up and was feeling better so decided to go on a bit of a cleaning frenzy and tidied up the lounge and vacuumed (wow a miracle! LOL) and put some washing on. By the afternoon I had started feeling lousy again so just blobbed out and watched a couple of movies. Steve spent all afternoon and all night on his computer playing a game. And I do mean all night....I went to bed at 1 after watching a movie and woke up at 6.30 to go to the loo and he was still on the computer! CRAZY....

Sunday arrived and the weather gods must have been reading my mind because I had been saying "please let it be a fine day" and it was! So I managed to get washing dry, get the garden weeded and Steve mowed the lawns (which had started to resemble a paddock....) and then 5pm hit and he had dinner and crashed haha which I knew he was going to do. So I popped some girly movies on and hit the kitchen! I decided to watch Julie & Julia which was rather motivating....and made 2 lots of muffins, a quiche for dinner and some peanut brownies. YUM.

Then after that, cleaned up the kitchen and sat down and watched Pride & Prejudice (and scoffed some of the baking...)

And on the note of the quiche, thought I would put the recipe up because it is sooo easy and soo yummy! And really versatile too, once you have the basic ingredients you can put whatever you want in it (or whatever happens to be in the pantry at the time!)

Self Crusting Quiche

5 eggs
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
salt & pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1 pkt ham

Method:
Beat eggs, add melted butter, milk, ham and cheese. Stir in sifted flour, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour into greased quiche dish and bake 30mins at 190'c. You can basically add anything you want to this quiche, leave out the ham or replace with bacon etc, or add onion, spinach, tomato etc.

I didn't have any ham or bacon so last night's one consisted of some silverbeet/spinach, spring onion, celery, leek, parsley and a can of chopped tomatoes - half of that was out of our garden. And if I do say so myself, tasted pretty good too! :)


Oh and the great thing that happened on the weekend was on Sunday night.....6pm arrived and I noticed it was still light outside! Spring is definately arriving!

No comments:

Post a Comment